martedì 5 settembre 2017

August wrap up

I MOVED MY BLOG TO chiaraschreaveblog.wordpress.com FOLLOW ME THERE.


Good afternoon readers, I can't believe that summer is almost over, I’m starting school in two weeks and I'm pretty much scared. It's the beginning of September though, and this means that it's time for the August wrap up! Last month I've read six books, three were re-reads and the others were not, it was also a wonderful reading month because there's no rating under 4/5 stars. Without further ado, let's begin!

-Tales from the shadowhunter academy || Cassandra Clare


 I don’t know why I waited so long to start this book, but it was so good to follow Simon’s adventures and to see again some of my favorite characters. If you don’t know it yet this is a series of ten connected novellas featuring Simon after the events of City of Heavenly Fire. I cannot choose a favorite novella but some of the best were the third, the fourth and the second-to-last, absolutely gorgeous!

“We all change the world, with every day of living in it," Magnus said. "You just have to decide HOW you want to change the world.”

RATING: 4/5


-A court of thorns and roses || Sarah J Maas



Yes I know…again. If you’ve been following me for a while you’d know that this is one of my favorite series of all time, and it was finally time for me to re-read it with my friend Beatrice . I have to say that acotar is my least favorite of the trilogy, because the beginning is a bit slow and I can’t stand Tamlin, but that’s old news. Of course it’s a wonderful book anyway, and if you haven’t, I highly encourage you to read it as soon as possible.

“Be glad of your human heart, Feyre. Pity those who don’t feel anything at all.”

RATING: 4/5


-A court of mist and fury || Sarah J Maas

Here we go with this masterpiece, acomaf is absolutely my favorite of the three, we get to know Rhysand more, we meet his fantastic inner circle and VELARIS aka the best place in the entire world. Feyre grows up a lot in this book and I’m so proud of her, even though the first few chapters are very hard to read. Feyre’s utterly broken from the events of the previous book, and you can really feel her depression in those pages, it’s literally heart-wrenching. But reading about her healing gave me strength, that’s another reason why I love this book.

“To the people who look at the stars and wish, Rhys."
Rhys clinked his glass against mine. “To the stars who listen— and the dreams that are answered.”

“I was not a pet, not a doll, not an animal.
I was a survivor, and I was strong.
I would not be weak, or helpless again
I would not, could not be broken. Tamed.”

RATING: 5/5

-A court wings and ruin || Sarah J Maas



It is always hard to talk about this book, I acknowledge the problematic aspects but I can’t help to love it. Some parts still haunt me (you were kind..), and I can’t read some chapters without crying. But I enjoyed it so so much, the end is a perfect conclusion for this trilogy and I can’t wait to read the next books.

“Remember that you are a wolf and you cannot be caged.”

RATING: 5/5


-The gentleman’s guide to vice and virtue || Mackenzi Lee

This novel was a complete surprise, although everyone seemed to love it I wasn’t so eager to start it, mainly because historical fiction isn’t really my genre. But,despite my not so high expectations, this book has become one of my favorite reads of this year. I won’t say much about it because I’ve already posted a complete review, click here to read it.

"Here, in the bellow of this music and the torchlight dyed as it flickers through the Murano glass that lines the shop windows, it's easy to pretend we're sweethearts, ordinary as anything, out for a night together in a brillant city we have never known. Though I could have done without any of it, the drinking and the partying and the revelers in a whirlpool around us, so long as Percy and I were together. The workd could have been a blank canvas and I still would have been exactly this livid with happiness, just to be with him."

RATING: 5/5


-It ends with us || Coleen Hoover

Another beautiful surprise. I’ve heard about Colleen Hoover almost everywhere, but I had never wanted to read something by her before now. It ends with us is a story about love, hurt, growth and abuse. I have to admit that it was hard to read some scenes,  I almost felt physical pain, but it was worth it. Because this novel analizes aspects about domestical violence that I didn’t under stand before, and Colleen wrote them very well. I highly recommend it if you haven’t read it yet.

“It stops here. With me and you. It ends with us.”

RATING: 5/5


This is the end of my wrap up, I hope you liked it. Don’t forget to comment the books you’ve read below, see you soon!
Love, Chiara





Nessun commento:

Posta un commento