domenica 9 aprile 2017

March wrap up

Good evening readers
I know it's already April and I should have posted this wrap up about 10 days ago, but it took me ages to write this post so here it is my very late March wrap up!
(Prepare youself, this post is going to be pretty long, I hope not to bore you to death!😅😅)

-This savage song || V.E.Schwab


this is the first book I'v ever read by this author, everyone kept talking about her and her books and I was eager to start this one that many people loved. I'm happy to say that it didn't disappoint me at all.
Yes I have to say that the first part was a bit slow, but not boring, and once you dive into the action you just can't stop reading!
In this book monsters exist and there are three types of tbe hem: Corsai, similar to the monsters we imagine, Malchai, more like vampires and Sunai, the most dangerous. They look like humans but singing a song they can steal your soul, kinda creepy, right?
The city of Verity is divided in two, one part is ruled by Archer who guarantees safety only to those who pay, the other half is ruled by Flynn who fights monsters with his soldiers. We follow the adventures of Kate Archer (Archer's daughter) and August Flynn (Flynn's son), they'll meet in strange situation nd they'll have to work together to solve it.
Guys this book is so so good, believe me! Kate and August are such interesting and complex characters, expecially August. I can't tell you properly why because I think it's a bit spoiler-ish and I just want you to enjoy your read without being influenced by what I say. Despite the slow beginning this book is full of plot-twists I couldn't imagine and after that ending..gosh I need the sequel now! So trust me and make yourself a favor, read this book.
RATING: 4/5 stars


-Caraval || Stephanie Garber


I must be honest, I enjoyed this book but not as much as I thought I would, I expected more. Maybe my expectations were too high because of its popularity, I don't know, but the fact is that this is a good book even though it has some issues.
First of all let's talk about the plot! It talks about Caraval, a once-a-year week-long performance where the audience participates in the show, the one who wins the game receives a different prize every year. Scarlett and Tella have never left their tiny Isle and as soon as they receive three tickets to participate to Caraval they leave helped by a young sailor called Julian. But when they arrive at the Isle where the game takes place, they realize that Caraval it's not what they expected.
Did I intrigue you? I think so. I really enjoyed the plot, I've never read anything like this and the book is full of plot twists and mystery, you never know what is happening next. Unfortunately I didn't like much Scarlett, she was unbearable and pretty annoying for the first half of the book, but she grows up a lot during the story so, deep down, she's not that bad. On the other hand I loved Julian, he acts like he doesn't care about anything and anyone but we learn to know him during the story and I know he is a good man, I've never doubted of him, We don't see much Tella until the last part but I liked her and I hope we'll see more of her in the next book.
RATING: 4/5 stars

-Central Park || Guillaume Musso

I've had this book on my shelf since Christmas 2015 and finally I've read it. I really like crime novels  (feel free to suggest me some in the comments) and this one didn't disappoint me.
Alice, a french cop, and Gabriel, american jazz pianist, wake up on a bench in Central Park handcuffed to one another, they don't know each-other and have no memory of having met. Alice was at a party on the Champs-Elysées and Gabriel was playing piano in a club in Dublin. Alice and Gabriel are left with no choice but to team up to figure out what is happening to them and get back to the normal lives.
This book was very very engaging and astonishing, you never know what's going to happen next and it's full of plot-twists until the very end. The author do knows how to captivate a reader!
Unfortunately I didn't feel completely connected to the characters, that's why I gave it 3.75/5 stars and not a full 4. I highly recommend it, though, if you like crime novels.
RATING: 3.75/5 STARS



-Illuminae || Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff

GOSH I LOVED THIS BOOK SO SO MUCH!!
It's really peculiar, I've never seen something similar. Illuminae is made of files, recordings and chats, because of this weird writing style I didn't think I'd like it, instead I enjoyed it so much! The main characters, Ezra and Kady are amazing and very relatable, I really need to read Gemina as soon as possible because I want to know what happens to them. This is a sci-fi and it's mostly set on a spaceship, I don't want to tell you anything about the plot because i want you to fully enjoy it without knowing anything about the storyline, trust me it's really worth it!

"You deserve every star in the galaxy laid out at your feet and a thousand diamonds in your hair. You deserve someone who'll run with you as far and as fast as you want to. Holding your hand, not holding you back."
RATING: 4.5/5 STARS




-a darker shade of magic || V.E.Schwab

This is the second book by V.E.Schwab I've ever read and it's even better than the first one! I've finished the sequel today and I can't tell you how much I'm loving this series, but let's focus on ADSOM. This book talks about magic and alternative universes, four different Londons: there's grey london, white london, red london and black london which has been destroyed by magic.
Kell is one of the last travelers, magicians with a rare and coveted ability to travel between worlds. But he's also a smuggler, servicing people willing to pay for even the smallest glimpses of a world they'll never see. During these trips he receives as a payment a dangerous thing that, in wrong hands, can destroy the world, so it's his duty to take it back where it belongs and fix everything.
THIS BOOK IS FREAKING AMAZING! The world-building, the plot, the characters, everything is masterfully written. In the first chapters is a little difficult to understand the world-building but then you meet Delilah Bard who explains everything with only one sentence 😂.

"There's dull London, Kell London, creepy London ad dead London. See? I'm a fast learner."
Seriously guys, this book is gorgeous and full of plot-twist and you should totally add it to your tbr list, promise me you will!
RATING: 4.5/5 STARS


Well, this incredibly long post is finished, if you've made it this far congrats!😄
Thank you for reading this post, let me know in the comments if you've read these books too or if you plan to and which books you've read in March.
See you soon, bye!💘









Nessun commento:

Posta un commento